Monday, January 17, 2005

Kevin's Pioneer 8k Report

Hey guys, I just got back from Saanich, it was quite the adventure. I woke up this morning to the new snow and that cancelled out me driving down, I then called Bill Hollingstead who had decided he wasnt going to go but told me that there might be a few bastion guys meeting at the tim hortons to go down, I went there a few minutes early and thought I recognized a guy there. I was right, although I didnt know his name, it was Tom, and then John arrived and then Ted arrived. the four of us sat there for like 15 minutes deciding if we would go, and finally it was a go. And I can say that I am really happy we went. The course was alright, a bit of slush the start was the worst. I was really happy with how the race went, I listened to your advice Stefan and took it out a bit easier than everyone else, I pretty much came from behind the whole race catching guys. At 4k I split 13 mins even, which was ok but there was a pack of 3 about 25 seconds ahead of me I wanted to catch, I managed to catch one guy and then almost the next but this was at the finish line. My overall time was 26:05. It was good I cant say the conditions slowed me down that much maybe a few times around corners, and the fact that it was pretty cold. I was surprised to win an award though. Anyways guys thats how the race went, I hope everythings good with you, Take care
Kevin