Thursday, July 14, 2005

Update from ROC Dan for this Weekend

Couple of things to pass along.

We are a go for Sunday. 6:30 am in the parking lot between Chapters and Pier 1. Saturday at Duomont is still on as well, but I need help with leading.
Forecast for Sunday is full sunshine….yahoo! This means that you will need sun screen. Bug Spray is also a good idea.

Maria Frost (who is recovering from a leg injury) will be leading a hiking group on Sunday at Strathcona, so if you want to come run, but can’t bear the thought of leaving you partner at home, bring them along and Maria will hike with them for the time that we are running. The hikers should be in reasonably good shape as this is a 2 hour hike.

I have had several people ask me about how hard the run is. This is a trail run remember, there is one very rooty section with a switch just before we reach Kwai lake. Those that have done the run with us in the past are coming back and no one is complaining, so I guess you will have to come find out for your self.

Yvonne Visser asked me to pass along the following message in regards to the GutBuster; Hi Dan, can you pass this around?? I would like to thank all of you who spent countless hours to get everything ready so that I could participate in this run. It was amazing, and I thank you all. Yvonne