Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Tony at Trials

Hi guys... Just got home after a long weekend of wind, rowing, more wind and a few delayes... (Congrats to Nana Kathie! woo hoo) I also hope the weekend of shoe madness was wicked, productive and fun!


Well I am glad my trials are over.. had a awesome time the last few days just hanging out with many of the athletes. The Trials where hard. Mainly due to the winds and the fact that there was not much time to crew with the people you would have to do a race piece with. But we all did our best. My first two rows didn't go all that well as the winds and water made it hard to get a good rate and feel to it. But after that it was rock solid and every row seemed to improve for both the boat and me. However when it came down to results, I guess my first day did not show well for a few of us who had rows on the day. It was close but not close enough... I am the Alternate and I'm ok with that... I know I need way more sweeping time and that was identified at the last camp. But sport is sport and thats what happens some times.....


But overall it was a great weekend, and again I learned heaps of stuff....
so thanks to eveyone who helped me out with shifts and stuff...


But I'm off tomorrow and can I hope get on the water and row row row... and work on some of the new stuff I picked up!


See you all over the next few days!


Was there CAKE??


cheers T